If you’re new to ignition interlocks, you might not know what happens when you bring in your vehicle to have your device installed. You might even be nervous, but there’s no need to be – at LifeSafer we make the whole process fast and simple. This program overview tells you what to expect when you come in to your LifeSafer service provider:
Contact Service Provider
- Contact your nearest LifeSafer Service Provider. We’ll set up an appointment for your installation.
- At your appointment you sign a service agreement with LifeSafer, leasing the interlock device, and make a payment for your first month’s service.
Installation & Training
- At your appointment your interlock device is installed by experienced Service Provider
- You’ll be given complete instructions on how to use your device, and will be briefed on what you’ll need to do to stay in compliance
Regular Monitoring Visits
- You’ll be required to bring your vehicle in once a month to have the device calibrated, and the data downloaded
- Any tampering or violations will be referred to monitoring authorities
Program Completion & Device Removal
- Once your program is complete, the device will be removed and the vehicle restored to the original condition before installation.
This page is also available in: French