This October 19th the streets of Kanata, Ontario will be filled with people who are making a difference. They’ll be at the MADD DASH/Strides for Change event, a walk and run to raise funds for the fight against impaired driving.
MADD Canada works to combat impaired driving through a variety of methods. Walkers on the MADD DASH are invited to register and find sponsors to help fund the vital work that MADD Canada does.
Here are the efforts that you will help support by participating in the MADD Dash in Ottawa:
- Victim/Survivor Services: support for those who have lost a loved one or been injured as a result of impaired driving
- Youth Services: educating students about the dangers of mixing alcohol and driving
- Public Awareness: campaigns to inform the public about the dangers of impaired driving and how the public can improve road safety
- Public Policy: promotion of legislation to fight impaired driving in Canada
- Technology: partnering with traffic safety organizations, auto makers and tech companies to explore ways to stop impaired driving
The point is not the physical challenge – dashers can choose between a 5 kilometer or 10 kilometer loop through the charming community of Kanata – but to challenge your friends and family to pledge donations to support the MADD Dash. A prize will be given to the individual who raises the largest amount.
It’s also a lot of fun and a great way to meet people who care about what’s important.
October 19th will be here before you know it. Check out the website and register now, enlist your friends, gather pledges, and make a difference. You will have earned Ontario’s gratitude.