As the provinces pass stricter legislation against drunk driving, ignition interlocks are becoming a more prominent feature of the legal landscape. An ignition interlock, or car breathalyzer, prevents a vehicle from starting if the driver has been drinking. A number of provinces now require ignition interlocks for all or some DUI offenses. If you are required to install an ignition interlock in your car, it pays to choose a provider carefully. Here is what to look for:
- Advanced Technology: Interlocks have come a long way in the last couple of decades. They are more accurate and reliable than ever before. Still, there are differences between brands and models, and you’ll want to choose one such as the LifeSafer FC200, with its low power consumption and separate tests for mouth and lung alcohol to prevent false positives.
- A Reputation for Service: Your provider should be doing more than just installing your interlock and performing regular monitoring and calibration. They should also be communicating with the authorities to make sure that you are eligible to drive with an interlock, and that all of your legal requirements have been met. LifeSafer is committed to this kind of attentive service; our goal is to get you back on the road quickly, without hassles.
- Technical Expertise: Your installer should be well-versed in all aspects of automotive electrical systems, and be able to do a quick, flawless installation. LifeSafer installers are all trained to the highest degree, and are plugged into a network of technicians spanning North America to share information and ensure that everyone has up-to-the-minute knowledge, so your vehicle is always in the best of hands.
- At Attitude of Respect: You want an ignition interlock provider to be supportive of you at what is usually a difficult time. LifeSafer employees are committed to respecting our clients’ confidentiality.
- 24/7 Phone Support: Your ignition interlock provider should be available day and night to help if you run into problems. At LifeSafer our 800 number will connect you with qualified service personnel.
With the right provider, you can get through your ignition interlock program without a hitch. So choose carefully. We think you’ll find the LifeSafer advantage makes all the difference.